A Fushigi Yuugi Christmas Carol

Chapter Four: The Last of the Three Spirits

The Phantom approached Tamahome slowly, silently. It wore a long black robe with a hood to hide it’s face. Tamahome shrunk back in fear as the Phantom came closer.
“Are you the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come?” Tamahome asked in a quivering voice.
The Phantom threw off it’s hood, revealing a mass of flaming reddish-orange hair that went in every which way, and an amber-eyed man, grinning wide enough so you could see long, pointed fangs, “Yup! It’s me! The Ghost of Christmas Future at your service,” he stopped, grinning more and posing in the robe, “don’tcha just love my robe? It’s so...goth!”
{TASUKI! What are you doing?! The Ghost of Christmas Future does not talk or remove his hood. He is anonymous. You have to be silent!!}
Tasuki looked confused, then he was angry, “What?! You’re saying I have *no* lines?! What a jip! I can’t believe I agreed to this!!”
He began to storm out.
{Tasuki, no! Come back! I’ll...I’ll..} the author tried desperately to make a threat, {...I’ll make you start happy dancing1 right here in front of everybody!}
Tasuki stopped and turned around smirking, “You wouldn’t have the guts.”
He had only just said this when he felt the urge to...what was this? The urge to dance! He started tapping his feet and snapping his fingers as some happy dance music came on. Moving his arms rhythmically, he began to dance around the room,

shaking his booty like crazy.
“All right, all right! I’ll stay! For God’s sake, just don’t make me happy dance!!” Tasuki sobbed and the music came to an abrupt stop, and Tasuki stopped dancing.
{Okay, put your hood back on, and be silent}
Tasuki grumbled, but put his hood back over his head, and turned back to Tamahome, solemn once more.
“You are about to show me the shadows of things yet to come, is that right?” Tamahome asked, and the Phantom nodded slowly.
“Lead on, Spirit! The night is waning fast, and it is precious time to me. Lead on.” Tamahome said, rising from his bed. As he grasped the sleeve of of the Ghost, a deep mist enveloped them. When Tamahome opened his eyes, he found himself in a grave-yard with the Ghost still at his side.
“Why do you take me here, Spirit?” Tamahome questioned.
“How the hell should I know?”
{TASUKI!}
“Oh, right. I have no lines!” Tasuki said annoyedly. He was silent again, and pointing to something in the swirling mist. Tamahome glanced nervously at the Spirit, then crept over to where the Phantom pointed. He knelt in front of a gravestone and peered at it trying to make out the words. As the mist cleared and he did, he let out a horrified scream. The tombstone read: TAMAHOME : DIED A MEAN OLD OGRE2 .
{You know, Tamahome, I think you’re really getting good at those horrified screams}
“I agree.” spoke up Tasuki, then getting a death glare from the author, decided it would be best to keep quiet.
“Why, thank you!” Tamahome cried happily. The author cleared her throat and Tamahome went back to being horrified.
“Oh no, Spirit, no!” Tamahome cried, “Spirit! Hear me! I am not the man I was. I will not be the man I must have been through all of this. Why show me this if I am past all hope?”
The Spirit was quiet, although it was obviously he wanted to speak out with some smart-ass comment, and it was killing him to hold it back.
“I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it with me during the year. I will live in the Past, Present, and the Future. The Spirits of the three shall strive within me3 !” Tamahome exclaimed dramatically, standing and shaking his fist to the sky. The Phantom suddenly swooped his long robe around both of them and they disappeared.

1 This “happy dancing” I speak of is actually from an X-Files fanfic titled “H is for Happy Dancing”, and I don’t remember the author *sweatdrops*, so anyway, happy dancing is basically just...dancing with a lot of butt wiggles and such.

2 Again, no pun intended.

3 All three Ghosts sweat dropped. {By the way, this really is from Dickens, and I didn’t realize how sweat droppy it sounded till a a friend pointed it out, so I decided to make a comment}.

Onto Chapter Five: The End Of It All!