A Fushigi Yuugi Christmas Carol

Chapter Five: The End of It

All was black to Tamahome, and he found himself clutching something. He slowly opened his eyes and saw he was clutching the bed post of his bed, in his room. He let out a happy cry and hugged it tighter. He hurried up and was running around his room, checking all his items. He rushed to the window and called down to a young boy on the sidewalk, “You there, boy!”
“Eh?” called up the boy.

“What day is it?”
“Today?” the boy replied, “why, it’s Christmas Day!”
“Christmas Day! Then I haven’t missed it! Boy! Go down to the poulterer’s and buy me a turkey!” Tamahome cried.
“Are you all right, mister?” the boy asked, cocking an eyebrow.
“I’m better than all right!” Tamahome exclaimed gleefully, then, “go buy me the biggest turkey they have there, and have them send it here.” he threw down some money to the boy, who smiled up at him and said, “Yes, sir!”
When the turkey arrived, Tamahome wrote down the address for them to send it to. As soon as it was off, he hurried back upstairs to get dressed. He was so much in a hurry, he could barely get dressed, but he got out the door, and he began walking down the street, saying hello’s and ‘Merry Christmas’ to anyone he saw. He soon reached the home of Suboshi and his wife and strolled up to the door. He knocked on it and it was opened by Suboshi, who looked horrified for a moment to see him, but then smiled surprisedly, “Uh, Mr. Tamahome, Merry Christmas! What brings you here?”
Tamahome stared at Suboshi with cold eyes, “I expected you at the office.”
Suboshi grew confused, “But sir! You told me I could have the day off! Christmas Day...”
“Christmas Day nothing!” Tamahome yelled furiously, shoving Suboshi aside and walking into his house, “I am not going to stand for this any longer. Therefore, I am going to raise your salary.”
Suboshi gaped at him, utterly shocked. Tamahome smiled warmly for the first time and said, “A Merry Christmas, Bob! I’ll raise your salary and assist your struggling family.”
“A Merry Christmas, Mr. Tamahome!” Suboshi cried, still shocked. Both of them suddenly looked down at their scripts. Tamahome looked up and said firmly, “I am *not* giving him a hug.”
“No way!” Suboshi agreed.
{Fine, fine, whatever. }
Suboshi’s family had gathered in the room now, hearing this news, and were ready to glomp Tamahome out of joy. Okay, *Yui* glomped Tamahome out of...joy?
“Oh, Mr. Tamahome, you’re so wonderful!” she sighed, attaching herself to him. Suboshi cleared his throat angrily and Yui looked up at Tamahome fearfully, “don’t leave me here with him! Take me with you! Please!”
Tamahome unattached himself from Yui and laughed nervously, “Well, I must be on my way. Gotta a lot of errands to run, you know..”
“Yeah, see ya.” Suboshi said, slamming the door after Tamahome. Tamahome went on walking and he came to his nephew’s house. He knocked on the door, which was opened by his cousin, whose eye’s grew wide in disbelief.
“Merry Christmas, Amiboshi. I have come to dinner. Will you let me in?” Tamahome smiled.
“Of course, Uncle!” Amiboshi looked almost as surprised as Suboshi, “come in, come in!” and Tamahome stepped in, shutting the door behind him.


Onto Epilouge